Welcome to the Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy Department
In 2020 we achieved a 100% pass rate across our Vocational programmes.
Our Beauty Therapy Student Successes:
Lucy Jane Kidd
Lucy went on to work on Cruise Ships as a Massage Therapist. Lucy now works as an aesthetics practitioner offering botox, collagen injections, vampire facials and more.
After completing her NVQ Level 3 in Spa Therapy at Selby College, Kate completed her Certificate in Education qualification at the College and now runs her own successful nail business.
Our Hairdressing Student Successes:
- Following her studies at Selby College, Lyndsey Boldan now has her own salon in Rawcliffe.
- Ex-student Natalie Hunter has opened up her very own hair salon in Selby, Hunters Hair Salon.
- Robert Nix has also gone on to open up Salonix, a hair and beauty salon in Selby.
- Billy Earl fulfilled his ambition of owning his own salon, following his studies at Selby College; Billy now runs his own salon Clarke and Me.
Students have also taken trips out to visit patients at York District Hospital and Kinnerton Confectionary Sherburn-in-Elmet to provide them with voluntary Indian Head Massages. Most recently, Level 2 Beauty Therapy visited a Nursing home in Selby to provide hand and arm massages to the elderly residents which included nail painting services.
- Center Parcs spa experience and tour, including an overnight stay
- The Spa Baths Harrogate
- Beauty shows in Manchester and Birmingham
- A trip to Body Worlds and the Excel in London