Welcome to the Governance Area. On these pages you will find information about Selby College Corporation. The Corporation Board is the governing body of the college. It comprises of people from a range of backgrounds, reflecting the community the college serves, and includes staff and student members.
The Corporation Board is responsible for the overall functioning of the college. Key responsibilities are:
- The determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the college and the oversight of its activities
- Approving the quality strategy of the college;
- Ensuring the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the institution and the Corporation and safeguarding their assets;
- Approving annual estimates of income and expenditure;
- The appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts and the Director of Governance, including where the Director of Governance is, or is to be appointed as, a member of staff, the Director of Governance's appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of pay in the capacity of a member of staff; and
- Setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff
In addition to the main Board there are five sub-committees:
- Curriculum & Quality
Selby College's last Ofsted Inspection in December 2017 judged the College to be Good in all areas and Board Members played a large part in this achievement.
Selby College Corporation Board has been involved in a major £35million campus re-development. College turnover is in the region of £10million and it is now one of the largest employers in the area. Over the past few years we have seen an increasing expansion in our training for the business sector and also the education of young people from foundation level through to Advanced level and on to Higher Education, made possible through our partnerships with local universities. It is therefore vital to the continued success of the college that we recruit Corporation Members with the right skills, knowledge and experience to add value to the work of the Board. The work of the Board provides members with opportunities to expand their knowledge of areas where they currently may not have the opportunity in their current employment eg. marketing, personnel, estates, finance, etc.