From Entry Level Personalised Study Programmes and Vocational Courses in a range of industries, to Supported Internships and work-based learning Selby College has a course for everyone.
If you have a Special Educational Need and/or Disability, we can help you move towards a positive future with a course that is designed to enhance your opportunities and help you progress into higher study or paid employment.
Level 1 Vocational Courses
- Achieve, Celebrate, Excel (ACE)
- Art, Design & Media
- Childcare, Early Years & Childhood Studies
- Computing & Digital Design
- Certificate in Construction Skills - Bricklaying
- Certificate in Construction Skills - Plumbing
- Certificate in Carpentry & Joinery
- Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
- Health, Social Care & Wellbeing
- Introductory Diploma in Land-Based Studies
A range of highly supported programmes designed to improve independence, confidence, personal and social skills, employability skills, Maths and English and Preparation for Adulthood.
The courses will prepare you for further study, progression on to our work-based learning programmes, such as supported internships, accessing the community and employment.
Project SEARCH (Supported Internship Programme)
Through a process of systematic instruction, you will learn the various skills you need to be able to carry out your job role. You will also develop safe working practice, communication skills and appropriate conduct at work.
There are no formal qualifications required but you must be motivated and have an aspiration to work.
At Selby College, we offer personalised support for learners with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities in an inclusive and supportive learning environment.