Our A Level curriculum is mostly delivered in our Sixth Form Academy, which has dedicated classrooms and spaces for learners, with the Jubilee Building housing specialised Science laboratories, Sports facilities and further social spaces.
Students praise the welcome they receive when they start and the exceptional levels of support on the courses, provided by our experienced team. We provide excellent careers and next steps support, including work experience and other
enrichment opportunities, as well as activities in college and visits further afield.
We strongly believe in preparing students for their future, which means not only making sure they know the right answers but also ask the right questions. We want our students to be independent, to think for themselves; ensuring when they strive for a particular degree course or job, they have all the necessary skills and confidence to achieve their goals.
Why choose to study A Levels with us?
- Academic Excellence: 98.9% pass rate for A Levels in 2021.
- Prestigious Destinations: Students at Selby College regularly achieve places at prestigious universities including Durham University, the University of Edinburgh and the University of Oxford. We have considerable links with different universities but we also offer other opportunities to progress, including a range of Higher Education course options on campus and opportunities to progress into work either via an Apprenticeship route or through links with local and regional employers.
- Great progression: 93% of Selby College students progressed to their university of choice, into work, an Apprenticeship or a higher level further education course last year.
- A strong team of lecturers and support staff who successfully challenge our students to achieve their best, while still offering caring pastoral support.
- Our stunning campus: modern, spacious and safe.
- Good support on student transport: competitive bus fare packages and ample parking on site for students with their own cars.
- We offer all our students excellent careers advice, coaching and support with UCAS.