Learning and Skills Teachers (LSTs) are responsible for planning and delivering learning that is current, relevant, challenging, and that inspires learners to engage and achieve their full potential. Apprentices will develop their skills and knowledge by learning the theory and the craft of teaching in a real-world environment.
This programme is for those new to teaching or wishing to upskill to a full teaching position within the Further Education and Skills Sector (16+).
Students will develop the following professional behaviours, skills and knowledge:
- Ethical and legal standards within professional boundaries
- Diversity, equality of opportunity & inclusion
- Resilience, focus and adaptability when dealing with challenge and change
- A passion for learning and high expectations of all learners
- Exemplary communication skills with learners and all professional relationships
- Effective use of current, digital and mobile technologies in support of teaching & learning
Job Occupations: Teacher, Course Leader, Assistant Area Head
Planned Duration: 21 months (Practical period: 18 months, End Point Assessment period: 3 months)