Welcome to the Hospitality & Catering Department
In 2022, we achieved a 100% pass rate across for our Hospitality and Catering programmes.
What kind of environment will I learn in?
Equipped with fully-functioning kitchens, restaurant and bar, you will learn and work within the College’s award winning Hospitality and Catering department. Students gain hands-on experience by preparing and serving a range of delicious dishes on the restaurant’s menu.
Students also have the opportunity to carry out a Certificate in Professional Food and Beverage Skills which enables them to learn, develop and practice the skills needed for a wide-ranging career in the Hospitality and Catering industry.*
Trips and Visits
Hospitality and Catering students have the opportunity to go on some tasty trips and visits to:
- House of Townend beverage supplier Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- Lincoln and York Coffee Manufacturer
- Star at Sancton, York
- Star Inn the City, York
- Saltmarshe Hall, York
- The Grand Cedar Court Hotel, York
Our Student Successes
- Kurtus Auty landed his first job at Gordon Ramsay’s Mayfair restaurant Maze as Demi Chef de Partie, before heading to the Michelin star restaurant Pétrus in Knightsbridge. Kurtus also worked in Bordeaux, France at Le Pressoir d’Argent. Kurtus has most recently been working at London restaurant Pucci in Mayfair as Head Chef and appeared in the 2019 series of BBC Two’s MasterChef: The Professionals.
- Holly Lee is now also working at York based restaurant, Roots, which is owned and run by Michelin Star Chef Tommy Banks.
- Archie Moore has gone on to become a Chef at the 5* Grand Cedar Court Hotel in York.
- Helen Lindley has now moved on to the University of Sheffield to study Pastry and Confectionary.