Skip to main content

Apprenticeships

Apprenticeships are a fantastic way to develop skills and knowledge in a real working environment, suiting new apprentices to a company or existing staff members who are looking to upskill.

Our programmes can be tailored to suit your business' needs and a knowledgeable tutor will support your apprentice throughout their apprenticeship with all elements of work and assessments.

We currently offer Apprenticeships across a range of levels in the following areas:

  • Accountancy
  • Beauty
  • Business Administration
  • Business Improvement Techniques
  • Childcare
  • Construction
  • Customer Service
  • Engineering
  • Hairdressing
  • Health & Social Care
  • Hospitality & Catering
  • IT & Computing
  • Supporting Teaching & Learning

Check out our full list of Apprenticeships here.

We will also be happy to discuss other areas of apprenticeship delivery not currently offered to enable a more flexible offer for your bushiness.

NEW Apprenticeship Incentive

Earn up to £4000 in support available to re-start, re-boot or re-energise your business with an Apprentice.

The Chancellor, Rishi Sunak, has announced increased new incentives to support businesses in recruiting new talent in the current economic situation.

Find out more on the apprenticeship incentive here.

Funding for Apprenticeships

All employers will have access to the Digital Apprenticeship Service. This will help you to select an Apprenticeship standard, choose your Apprenticeship training provider and assessment organisation and post Apprenticeship vacancies.

Apprenticeship Levy

You will have to pay the Apprenticeship Levy if your pay bill is more than £3 million per year. You will pay the levy at a rate of 0.5% of your total salary bill. However, you will have a levy allowance to offset against this. The levy allowance is worth £15,000 for each tax year.

Accessing the Levy

If you pay into the levy, you can access your money through an online ‘levy pot’. The Government will add a 10% top-up to the funds you have in your account every month. So, for every £1 that goes in to your account, this will be topped up to £1.10. The apprenticeship levy will cover the full cost of the apprenticeship training.

Non-Levy Payers: Fully Funded Apprenticeships

If you employ a 16-18 year old apprentice and have fewer than 50 employees,
the apprenticeship will be fully funded by the government.

Non-Levy Payers: Co-investment Apprenticeships

If you employ a 16-18 year old apprentice and have more than 50 employees or you take on an apprentice aged 19 and above then employers are expected to co - invest. ‘Co-investment’ is where the government funds 95% of the apprenticeship training, and employers pay the remaining 5%.

Funding Bands

The government has 30 funding bands for Apprenticeship learning, which will set an upper limit of how much funding the government will provide for each Apprenticeship.

Find out more about the different ways your business can support a 16-18 year old, with this handy guide from the LEP.

Contact our Apprenticeships team at apprenticeships@selby.ac.uk or call 01757 211097 for more information.