Welcome to the Hair & Beauty Department
In 2023, we achieved a 99.6% pass rate across all our BTEC programmes.
Our Hairdressing Student Successes:
- Following her studies at Selby College, Lyndsey Boldan now owns a salon in Rawcliffe.
- Former student Natalie Hunter has opened up her very own hair salon in Selby, called Hunters Hair Salon.
- Robert Nix has also gone on to open up Salonix, a Hair and Beauty salon in Selby.
- Billy Earl fulfilled his ambition of owning his own salon, following his studies at Selby College. Billy now runs his own salon - Clarke and Me.
Trips and Visits
- Escape room in Leeds
- Center Parcs spa experience and tour, including an overnight stay
- The Spa Baths Harrogate
- Beauty shows in Manchester and Birmingham
- A trip to Body Worlds and the Excel in London
Students have also taken trips out to visit patients at York District Hospital and Kinnerton Confectionary Sherburn-in-Elmet to provide them with voluntary Indian Head Massages. Level 2 Beauty Therapy visited a Nursing home in Selby to provide hand and arm massages to the elderly residents which included nail painting services.
The department also host extra curricular activities within its salons, including:
- Themed hair competitions
- Additional training in lash extensions