Building on previous knowledge and skills in Business, the course is structured to provide opportunities across a broad academic and vocational base, progressively deepening learners’ knowledge. Particular emphasis is placed on ensuring that students are able to effectively apply their knowledge to relevant practical situations. Students undertake eight units to complete the HNC.
These are currently*:
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resources Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
*Please note that units may be subject to change from year to year, due to curriculum updating/sector changes/changes in delivery staff specialisms or awarding body requirements. See Course Terms and Conditions for more details.
Assessments for the course may take a variety of forms, from practical tasks, group work and presentations to formal, written assignments and reports.