- customer service skills
- the ability to work well with others
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- excellent verbal communication skills
- a desire to help people
- active listening skills
- a good memory
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- greeting customers as they arrive and showing them to their table
- giving out menus and taking orders for food and drink
- serving food and drinks
- dealing with bill payments
- making sure tables are clean and tidy
You may need to wear a uniform.
You could work at a restaurant.
Your working environment may be hot, humid and noisy.
With experience you may be able to progress to head waiter or waitress, or restaurant supervisor.
You may also be able to go into related areas of work like restaurant and kitchen management or purchasing.
You can get more details about working as a waiter from the Hospitality Guild.