- administration skills
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to work well with others
- customer service skills
- the ability to use your initiative
- knowledge of English language
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- to be flexible and open to change
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- copy typing - working from hand-written notes
- audio typing - typing while listening to spoken notes on audio tape
- shorthand typing - taking notes in shorthand and typing up the information later
- working with computer spreadsheets and databases
- answering the telephone
- using office equipment like photocopiers and franking machines
- dealing with post and emails
- filing documents
You could work in an office.
With experience and training, you could become a secretary, personal assistant or office manager.
You could also become self-employed.