- excellent verbal communication skills
- the ability to sell products and services
- customer service skills
- the ability to use your initiative
- the ability to work well with others
- persistence and determination
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- ambition and a desire to succeed
- persuading and negotiating skills
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
Your day-to-day duties could include:
- answering customer enquiries over the phone, by email and face to face
- processing orders, credit checks and payments
- sending out invoices and other paperwork
- updating customer records
- checking stock and re-ordering supplies
- organising deliveries
- providing after-sales support
- typing up documents like letters and reports
You could work in an office or in a contact centre.
With experience, you could become a sales admin team leader, personal assistant or office manager.
You can find out more about careers in finance from The London Institute of Banking and Finance.