- knowledge of biology
- knowledge of medicine and dentistry
- analytical thinking skills
- maths knowledge
- complex problem-solving skills
- the ability to think clearly using logic and reasoning
- science skills
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- thinking and reasoning skills
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
In this role, you could:
- develop and test new systems to help investigate patients' conditions
- monitor equipment to make sure it’s accurate, safe and well-maintained
- train hospital staff
- plan treatment programmes and explain procedures to patients
- carry out procedures and analysing test results
- use computer simulations and mathematical modelling in research and development work
You may need to wear protective clothing.
You could work in a laboratory or in an NHS or private hospital.
You could go on to lead a department, work in higher education, research, or in the medical equipment manufacturing industry.