- the ability to sell products and services
- excellent verbal communication skills
- the ability to use your initiative
- leadership skills
- customer service skills
- business management skills
- maths knowledge
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- to be flexible and open to change
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- planning the long-term development of your company and brand
- overseeing brand marketing campaigns
- working closely with the sales and creative teams
- managing relationships with corporate partners
- assessing market trends and keeping campaigns up to date
- reviewing your company's financial forecasts and setting targets
- attending meetings, conferences and marketing events
- managing budgets
You may need to wear smart business dress.
You could work at a client's business or in an office.
With experience, you could move to a bigger company or work as a marketing consultant, advising corporate clients how to develop their brands.
You can find out more about careers in marketing from The Chartered Institute of Marketing.