- maths knowledge
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- knowledge of English language
- analytical thinking skills
- the ability to use your initiative
- the ability to work well with others
- to be flexible and open to change
- excellent verbal communication skills
- excellent written communication skills
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- going up to people in the street, phoning them or visiting them at home
- persuading people to take part in a survey
- asking people questions and possibly video them
- recording people’s answers
- organising the results and passing them to your supervisor
You could work from home or in a contact centre.
With experience, you could become a supervisor or area fieldwork manager. You could also become a research assistant in a market research agency or social research organisation.
You'll find more advice about working in market research through The Market Research Society.