- leadership skills
- knowledge of manufacturing production and processes
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to use, repair and maintain machines and tools
- the ability to use your initiative
- excellent verbal communication skills
- thinking and reasoning skills
- sensitivity and understanding
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- planning staff shift rotas
- reporting machinery breakdowns
- stock control and ordering supplies
- making sure your team meets its production targets
- carrying out quality control checks and writing reports
- updating paperwork like holiday requests and sick leave
- organising staff training
You may need to wear protective clothing.
You could work in an office or in a factory.
With experience you could move into quality control, production planning and management or research and development.