- leadership skills
- persistence and determination
- the ability to use your initiative
- excellent verbal communication skills
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- business management skills
- the ability to organise your time and workload
- to be flexible and open to change
- maths knowledge
- to have a thorough understanding of computer systems and applications
In this role you could be:
- finding out what the client needs and minimising risk to the business
- working out and agreeing timescales, budgets and quality
- using project management software to plan and resource stages
- co-ordinating the project team, keeping clients and managers informed of progress
- solving problems as they arise and adjusting plans
- providing documentation and training for users of the new system
- ensuring a smooth changeover from the old IT system to the new one
- confirming satisfaction before signing off and evaluating completed tasks
You could work in an office or at a client's business.
With training and experience, you could become a senior project manager or move into more specialised roles like cyber security.
You could go into departmental or operations management.
You could also become a teacher, trainer, assessor or freelance consultant.