- maths knowledge
- knowledge of economics and accounting
- analytical thinking skills
- knowledge of English language
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- ambition and a desire to succeed
- persistence and determination
- the ability to use your initiative
- thinking and reasoning skills
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- finding new investment opportunities
- researching the financial performance of your target companies
- keeping up to date with political and economic developments that may affect the financial markets
- examining company accounts
- analysing data
- producing reports for fund managers and stockbrokers
You could work in an office.
With experience and a good track record, you could become a stockbroker and progress to account manager or fund manager.
You could also become a freelance investment consultant.