- knowledge of health issues
- knowledge of psychology
- counselling skills including active listening and a non-judgemental approach
- sensitivity and understanding
- thinking and reasoning skills
- the ability to read English
- knowledge of biology
- excellent verbal communication skills
- the ability to understand people’s reactions
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
During a session, you might:
- discuss a client's symptoms and their wider life
- explain remedies to clients
- choose, prepare and give homeopathic remedies
- keep client notes
- offer help with lifestyle issues and everyday stresses
- encourage clients to keep in touch with healthcare professionals
- business administration, if self-employed
You could work in a therapy clinic, from home or at a client's home.
With experience you could move into teaching homeopathic courses. You could also work in journalism, specialising in complementary therapies.
You may decide to work in the manufacture of homeopathic remedies and products.