- knowledge of the fine arts
- design skills and knowledge
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to use your initiative
- the ability to work well with others
- the ability to come up with new ways of doing things
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- excellent verbal communication skills
- knowledge of English language
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- discussing requirements with clients
- presenting your ideas as sketches, scale plans, computer-generated visuals and models
- producing final blueprints after discussions with clients
- handling orders for supplies
- liaising with technical specialists like lighting staff
- project managing the set-up process from start to finish
You could work at events, in an office or at a conference centre.
With experience you may be able to progress to a more senior position, like team leader or senior designer.
You could also become freelance, or set up your own company.
Powered by Pathways.
You can find out more about creative careers from Discover Creative Careers.