- customer service skills
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- the ability to sell products and services
- the ability to use your initiative
- persistence and determination
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- ambition and a desire to succeed
- excellent verbal communication skills
- knowledge of English language
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- arranging auditions and bookings for clients
- negotiating contracts and fees
- organising tours and booking venues
- advising clients, like advising actors which roles to audition for
- arranging publicity and promotion
- winning clients and scouting for new talent
- handling media enquiries, fan mail and requests for personal appearances
- dealing with travel arrangements and work permits
You could work in an office.
You could work for an agency or artist management company, be self-employed or set up your own agency.
Your progression will depend on building a strong reputation, and attracting top performers onto your books.
You can find more details about working in creative careers from Discover Creative Careers.