- the ability to sell products and services
- the ability to use your initiative
- business management skills
- persuading skills
- the ability to monitor your own performance and that of your colleagues
- to be flexible and open to change
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- thinking and reasoning skills to come up with new ideas
- persistence and determination
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- researching customer needs and how they respond to promotions
- creating product listings that appeal to your customers
- working with marketing teams on social media campaigns
- analysing web traffic to measure promotion success or make improvements
- making business decisions about products, pricing and promotions
- working with technical teams to fix website problems
- writing management reports on sales performance
- keeping up to date on competitors' activity and trends in technology
You may need to wear smart business dress.
You could work in an office.
You could move into senior management roles like sales director and chief executive, or set up your own business as an e-commerce consultant.