- knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and software
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- customer service skills
- the ability to use your initiative
- the ability to work well with others
- maths knowledge
- excellent verbal communication skills
- analytical thinking skills
- to be flexible and open to change
- to have a thorough understanding of computer systems and applications
You’ll use an agile project management approach to make sure the team works together and communicates well.
Your role could include:
- building, managing and motivating teams
- working closely with the product manager to decide the needs of the project and plan work
- managing the demands of other departments to allow the team to work without disruption
- building relationships with stakeholders and senior managers
- coaching team members so that they can learn and improve
- overcoming problems to get work done
- evaluating feedback to improve the service
- managing budgets
You could work in an office or from home.
With experience, you could move into a senior management role with responsibility for several products or services.
You could become self-employed and take up consultancy work.
You can find out more about working in the digital industry from Tech Future Careers.