- maths knowledge
- analytical thinking skills
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and software
- excellent verbal communication skills
- thinking and reasoning skills
- the ability to read English
- the ability to think clearly using logic and reasoning
- the ability to work on your own
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
In other industries or sectors, you might be involved in:
- looking for trends and patterns to help companies make business decisions
- analysing market research and trends in consumer feedback
- opinion poll analysis
- predicting demand for services or goods
- checking quality control standards in areas like drug and food testing
You could work in an office.
With experience, you could progress into management, move into academic research or work as a freelance consultant.
You can find out more on careers in statistics from the Royal Statistical Society.