- customer service skills
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to work well with others
- sensitivity and understanding
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- excellent verbal communication skills
- active listening skills
- administration skills
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
Your day-to-day activities may include:
- answering customers' questions by phone, email, webchat or face-to-face
- giving quotations and checking product availability
- selling and taking payment
- handling complaints or passing them to a manager
- entering customer information onto a computer database
- tracking orders and giving refunds
You may need to wear a uniform.
You could work at a store, in a contact centre or in an office.
With experience, you could progress to team leader or customer services manager.
You could also move into sales or account handling.