- knowledge of engineering science and technology
- maths knowledge
- analytical thinking skills
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to read English
- excellent verbal communication skills
- knowledge of building and construction
- the ability to use your initiative
- to be flexible and open to change
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
You’ll carry out detailed inspections of properties, including:
- collecting information on their age, number of floors and building type
- measuring the number and size of rooms and windows
- identifying heating systems
- entering the information into software to produce an energy efficiency rating and EPC
You could work at a client's home or at a client's business.
With further training you could carry out low carbon assessments, or move into sustainability consultancy.
You could also move into assessor training, teaching the Certificate and Diploma.
Landmark operate the non-domestic energy assessor register on behalf of the government.