- knowledge of English language
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- an interest and knowledge of history
- knowledge of teaching and the ability to design courses
- to be flexible and open to change
- the ability to use your initiative
- the ability to work well with others
- excellent verbal communication skills
- the ability to read English
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your day-to-day tasks could include:
- booking venues and artists
- negotiating sponsorship and funding
- promoting events and managing social media
- helping with staff training
- managing budgets and keeping records
- carrying out general administration and selling tickets
You could work in a theatre, in a museum or in an office.
With experience, you could become an arts officer or manager.
You could also take on freelance work or become a consultant.
You can also find out more about working in creative careers from Discover Creative Careers.