- the ability to sell products and services
- customer service skills
- persistence and determination
- ambition and a desire to succeed
- the ability to use your initiative
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- excellent verbal communication skills
- persuading and negotiating skills
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- meeting clients to discuss their needs
- working with account planners
- coming up with campaigns that meet the client's needs and budget
- presenting campaign ideas and costs to clients
- briefing the creative team that produces the words and artwork
- checking and reporting on the campaign’s progress
- keeping in contact with the client at all stages of the campaign
- managing the account’s budget and invoicing the client
- trying to win new business for the agency
You could work in an office.
With experience, you could progress to account manager, become an agency director, or set up your own agency.
Powered by Pathways.
You can find out more about a career in advertising from the [Institute of Practitioners in Advertising | https://ipa.co.uk/knowledge/careers-in-advertising/ ].