- administration skills
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to work well with others
- the ability to work on your own
- sensitivity and understanding
- to be flexible and open to change
- excellent verbal communication skills
- customer service skills
- knowledge of English language
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
In this role you could:
- deal with queries on the phone, by email and on social media
- greet visitors at reception
- type letters, reports and other business documents
- update computer records
- print and photocopy items
- order office supplies
- set up meetings and take notes during them
- make travel arrangements for staff
You could work in an office.
With experience, you could progress from admin assistant to supervisor or office manager. You could also move into other departments, like IT, payroll or accounting.
With further training, you could specialise in an area like legal, financial or medical administration.