- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to work well with others
- administration skills
- customer service skills
- the ability to use your initiative
- to be flexible and open to change
- maths knowledge
- excellent verbal communication skills
- sensitivity and understanding
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- processing and paying invoices
- recording receipts and payments
- preparing and checking ledger balances and other monthly accounts
- completing and submitting tax returns, VAT returns and National Insurance contributions
- handling company expenses
- updating computerised accounting systems
You could work in an office.
Powered by Pathways.
You can find out more about careers in accountancy from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.