I have worked in a variety of educational settings and have experience in the Higher Education sector. As a lecturer of Applied Mathematics, I provide support to students within the STEM subjects at university and also take part in the Royal Institute’s programme of Masterclasses which aims to encourage school pupils to study mathematics.
Initially, after completing my PhD, I settled into providing Maths Support at a leading university in Yorkshire. Here I was able to provide support to students from non-traditional backgrounds. My commitment to providing the best educational experience possible motivated me to undertake a Masters degree in Maths Education and has allowed me to remain abreast of current issues in teaching and lecturing.
I enjoy several activities which include cooking, travelling and horticulture.
Committee Membership and Link Governor Responsibilities
- Curriculum and Quality Committee
- Shadow Higher Education Link Governor
Declarations of Interest
- Senior Lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University
- Share in RSMS Group Ltd
- Member of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA)
- Member of The London Mathematical Society and The Royal Institute