We are looking for an enthusiastic Lecturer who can successfully deliver A Level Media and I.T. to our students in both the academic and vocational subject area. The role is fractional at 22.2 hours per week over 3 days.
Based at Selby College within rural North Yorkshire, you will have the opportunity to deliver high quality teaching to motivated students who are willing to learn.
Salary: up to £28,998 (FTE) dependent on experience and qualifications. The actual salary for this part time role will be up to £17,399.
Holiday: 22 days per year, plus statutory holidays, directed study and Christmas break.
Closing date: 2nd December 2021
Interviews to be held the week commencing 13th December 2021
- Contributing to the delivery and development of Media Production. Contributing to other areas of the Art, Design and Media curriculum where appropriate
- Delivery of Premier, and in I.T video design and games design.
- Contribute to the delivery and development of AS and A2 Media Studies, including co-ordinating course work and the drafting and re-drafting process
- Delivery of film and television theory analysis.
- Ability to work with film and sound equipment as well as specialist software. To work with 3D modelling software, (Blender).
- Contribute to the delivery of video and TV production, audio production, desk top publishing and photography.
- Monitor, review, evaluate and assess student progress, keeping accurate records of progress reviews for reporting purposes.
- Delivery of Key Skills Communication to Level 3 learners.
All work in the College involves some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the role. A DBS check is a requirement for this role.
- You will have successfully taught Media and I.T within a college or school setting.
- You will be a graduate in Media or a related field and will have industry experience.
- An understanding of vocational and A level programmes is essential.
- Candidates who hold a teaching qualification will have a distinct advantage.
- You will be able to work well within a small team, be organised, reliable and able to meet deadlines.
- You will have an interest in current developments in post 16 education.