We are looking for an enthusiastic Lecturer in Maths, who can successfully deliver GSCE and A Level Maths to our students.
The key responsibility is to ensure excellence in teaching, learning and assessment to maximise student progress. This a is a fractional permanent role.
Based at Selby College within rural North Yorkshire, you will have the opportunity to deliver high quality teaching to motivated students who are willing to learn.
Salary: This will range from £23 107 pro rata for newly qualified teachers to £ 28,654 pro rata for highly experienced and outstanding practitioners
Holiday: 37 days per year (pro rata) plus statutory holidays, directed study and Christmas break.
Closing date: 14th May 2021
Interviews: To be held the week commencing 24th May 2021
To apply, please download and complete an application form, and an E & D form, and email with a cover letter to: email@example.com or post to: Personnel Department, Selby College, Abbots Road, Selby YO8 8AT.
- Through teaching, contribute to the development of the curriculum area according to specialism including the planning of teaching and learning, and the preparation of learning materials, student assessments and technology-based resources.
- Effectively and efficiently undertake the administrative tasks required by internal systems and external bodies.
- Support and encourage students towards success working with Guidance & Support Tutors and other staff.
- Develop own teaching resources and maintain effective links across College for use of any specialist resources.
- Take responsibility for the accuracy of registration/certification for the course/subject and liaise with the SAM, Examinations Department and external awarding bodies as appropriate
- Develop resources for the course/subject and maintain effective links across College for resources, including effective use of budgets.
- You will have successfully taught Maths within a college or post 16 setting.
- You will be a graduate in Maths or related field and will hold a teaching qualification.
- You will be able to work well within a small team, be able to get on well with others, be organised, reliable and able to meet deadlines.
- You will have a positive attitude towards flexibility, change and innovation.
- You will understand current developments in post 16 education.
- Candidates with course management experience will have a distinct advantage.
For a full job description and person specification please click here.
All work in the College involves some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the role. A DBS check is a requirement for this role.
The post holder will contribute to the delivery of Maths with responsibility for the subject within the department and potentially contribute to delivery as directed by the Subject Area Manager and potentially contribute to delivery in other areas. The key responsibility is to ensure excellence in teaching, learning and assessment to maximise student progress.