We are looking for a Lecturer in Business to contribute to the delivery of programmes in the Business area as required, with responsibility for A Level Business Studies.
The key responsibility is to ensure excellence in teaching, learning and assessment to maximise student progress. This is a permanent part-time position.
Selby College is a highly rated College in the heart of North Yorkshire, we provide education and training opportunities for students aged 14 right up to 70+. Learners from all over Yorkshire and the Humber travel to Selby College because of its reputation for high-quality education. Providing a wealth of courses and clear progression routes, Selby College offers A Levels, Vocational courses, Apprenticeships, Higher Education, Adult Learning and Professional Courses for Employers. We are proud to have some of the best facilities and teaching and support staff at Selby College, which allows us to support students in achieving their goals and progress to their desired career or further study.
Hours: 3.5 days per week, 52 weeks per year
Holiday: 25.5 days per year
Salary: Range £15,925 to £22,986 actual dependant on experience (FTE £23,107 up to £33,353)
Closing Date: 24th June 2021
To apply, please download and complete an application form, and an E & D form, and email with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Personnel Department, Selby College, Abbots Road, Selby YO8 8AT.
- Effective planning of teaching and learning, the preparation of learning materials, student assessments and technology-based resources.
- Embrace the College digital strategy and effectively deliver both synchronous and asynchronous learning, incorporating the principles of the “Selby Way”.
- Assess, monitor, review and evaluate student progress, keeping accurate records of assessments and using college reporting systems as directed.
- Support and encourage students towards success working with Guidance & Support Tutors and other staff.
- Assist in the development of new programmes.
For a full job description and person specification please click here.
- You will hold a degree in Business or equivalent relevant qualification and a teaching qualification (or willingness to work towards)
- Recent successful teaching of A level Business is desirable and ideally you will have A level examining experience
- You will have enthusiasm and empathy in working with post 16 students and a positive attitude to flexibility, change and innovation
- You should be highly organised, reliable and self-motivated
All work in the College involves some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the role. A DBS check is a requirement for this role.