We are looking for a Lecturer in Accounting to deliver and develop AAT up to Level 3 within the Business area. The key responsibility is to ensure excellence in teaching, monitoring and assessment to maximise student progress. This is a fixed term, part time position to run from January 2022 until July 2022.
Selby College is a highly rated College in the heart of North Yorkshire, we provide education and training opportunities for students aged 14 right up to 70+. Learners from all over Yorkshire and the Humber travel to Selby College because of its reputation for high-quality education. Providing a wealth of courses and clear progression routes, Selby College offers A Levels, Vocational courses, Apprenticeships, Higher Education, Adult Learning and Professional Courses for Employers. We are proud to have some of the best facilities and teaching and support staff at Selby College, which allows us to support students in achieving their goals and progress to their desired career or further study.
Hours: 8 Hours, term-time only
Holidays: As this is a term time post, you are not eligible to take holidays during the fixed term period. The value of your holidays has therefore been added to your salary and holidays are taken in College holiday breaks.
Salary: up to £33,753, depending on qualifications and experience, the actual salary for this role is up to £5822 per annum.
Closing date: 7th December 2021
Interview date: week commencing 13th December 2021
- Planning and delivering modules in AAT Accountancy.
- Coordinating some of the provision, providing guidance, support and tutorship for learner groups including apprentices and individuals, as appropriate
- Meet both external and internal quality assurance standards for all programmes carrying out required academic administration duties
- Ensure schemes of work and consistent assessment procedures are continually maintained
- Co-ordinate preparation of internal tests and examination papers and monitoring entries for external tests. Be responsible for the accuracy of exam entries for the course/subject and liaise with examinations department and external exam awarding bodies as appropriate
- Participate in standardisation and internal verification as required
- Keep up to date with any awarding body changes to specifications or assessment requirements
- Contribute to the development of the Business and related curriculum area including the preparation of learning materials, student assessments and intranet-based resources
- Liaise with external organisations including employers to ensure that the curriculum is fit for purpose, current and meets external requirements
- Liaise with employers to monitor apprentices progress
- You will hold a degree in a related subject or an equivalent professional qualification. A teaching qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Recent successful teaching of AAT programmes is desirable as is experience in working with apprentices.
- You will have the commitment and drive to provide excellent service to students.
- You should be highly organised, reliable and self-motivated.