Selby College are looking for tutors who will provide Functional Skills training to the Adult Learning Community and apprenticeship offer.
The Hub has a successful track record, offering a range of courses to adult learners throughout the day and into the evening. Based at the College itself the Hub offers adults the opportunity to expand their education and knowledge in a range of areas.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated tutors, who have experience of working with adult learners, to join our team on a casual basis to as part of the development of the Hub offer and to educate and support the learners.
Salary: Hourly pay range £14.16 to £14.77 depending on experience, plus an extra payment of £2.05 to £2.14 per hour for holiday pay.
- To contribute to a flexible delivery offer designed to meet the needs of adult learners, apprentices and employers
- To assess learners to meet the requirements of a range of qualifications and / or behavioural frameworks
- To effectively work with other college departments in the delivery of functional skills.
- To contribute and track achievements which impacts the overall apprenticeship achievement rate in line with the college’s KPI’s
- Provide support to assessors in the delivery of functional skills theory using e-learning and other appropriate resources
- Manage the E-learning of designated learners on a blended delivery programme
- Work with the designated college Lead Internal Verifiers in planning and preparation for external verification visits.
- To keep up to date with any changes in designated areas of specialism, (Functional Skills), to plan and implement the changes in agreement with SCBS management team.
- To assist in the delivery of functional skills/ESOL for those learners who require additional support (over and above assessor intervention) where appropriate to role
- To contribute to the moderation of Speaking and Listening exams, where appropriate to role
- To contribute to the customer service and running of the department including representing the department at appropriate meetings.
All work in the College involves some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the role. A DBS check is a requirement for this role.
We are particularly looking for tutors with:
- Teaching or support qualification (or who are willing to work towards)
- English and math’s qualification at GCSE equivalent, grade 4 or higher.
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the ability to work with learners at a functional level of ICT and be able to work effectively one to one and in group sessions.
We are particularly looking for people with experience of working with adult learners who have been unemployed.