We are looking for casual assessors to work within various vocational areas, in particular Residential Childcare, assessing the apprentices in the workplace.
The role is offered on a part-time casual basis managing a number of apprentices. You would be based at and work for the college but claim back your hours and travel expenses on a monthly basis.
The purpose of the role is to provide work based and College based training and assessment to Apprentices, Employees and trainees in the Childcare area including Early Years and Residential settings.
The role is offered at an hourly rate of £13.46 to £14.59* depending upon range of skills and experience (*may be higher for an exceptional candidate).
To apply, please download and complete an application form, and an E & D form, and email with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Personnel Department, Supporting Futures Selby Ltd, Selby College, Abbots Road, Selby YO8 8AT.
- Provide support and assessment to candidates undertaking Early Years and Childcare Apprenticeship Programmes and Diploma’s.
- Manage a caseload of learners to timely achieve their qualifications.
- Complete Internal Quality Review of assessment decisions of other assessors in the area.
- Working with other internal and external verifiers to assure the quality of the programmes.
- Effectively and efficiently undertaking the administrative tasks required by internal systems and external bodies.
- Promoting the college and its activities as an integral part of communications with existing and potential clients.
- Contributing to the development of programmes aimed at the health and social care sector.
- To assist in the delivery of distance learning programmes within the sector.
The ideal candidate will be personable, able to relate easily to employers and young adults and work effectively one to one as well as in group sessions. Candidates must also be able to demonstrate the ability to work with learners at a functional level of ICT.
- Teaching, support or assessing qualifications (or willingness to work toward)
- English and Maths qualification at GCSE equivalent Grade 4 or higher
For a full job description and person specification please click here.
All work in the College involves some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the role. A DBS check is a requirement for this role.