To provide work based and College based training and assessment to Apprentices, Employees and trainees in the Health & Social Care sector.
The role is offered on a part time casual basis managing a number of apprentices. You would be based at home and work for the college but claim back your hours and travel expenses on a monthly basis. You may be required to travel to the college for training and meetings.
* A qualification in assessing work-based learning – A1 or equivalent
* English and Maths qualification at GCSE equivalent Grade 4 or higher
The ideal candidate will be personable, able to relate easily to employers and young adults and work effectively one to one as well as in group sessions. Candidates must also be able to demonstrate the ability to work with learners at a functional level of ICT.
- Assessing in the relevant vocational area: plan, prepare and carry out assessment as required by your line manager, monitor, review and evaluate apprentice progress.
- Keep accurate records of apprentices, apprentice reviews, assessments and give feedback to employers and stake holders as requested
- Participate in standardisation and verification/moderation as required
- Be responsible for the accuracy of registrations for the apprenticeship and liaise with apprenticeship delivery team, other team members and awarding bodies as appropriate.
- Ensure good apprentice behaviour, attendance, punctuality and positive attitude in all apprenticeship situations and report as necessary to management team.
- Assist and advise apprentices and employers on matters relating to career progression, relevant apprenticeships and qualifications.
- Liaise with external organisations including employers to ensure that the curriculum is fit for purpose, current and meets external requirements