We are looking for casual assessors to work within various vocational areas, in particular Early Years, assessing the apprentices in the workplace.
The role is offered on a part-time casual basis managing a number of apprentices. You would be based at and work for the college but claim back your hours and travel expenses on a monthly basis.
The purpose of the role is to provide work based and College based training and assessment to apprentices, employees and trainees in the relevant vocational area.
The role is offered at an hourly rate of £13.50 to £14.63 depending upon range of skills and experience.
To apply, please download and complete an application form, and an E & D form, and email with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Personnel Department, Supporting Futures Selby Ltd, Selby College, Abbots Road, Selby YO8 8AT.
- Assessing in the relevant vocational area: plan, prepare and carry out assessment as required by your line manager, monitor, review and evaluate apprentice progress.
- Keep accurate records of apprentices, apprentice reviews, assessments and give feedback to employers and stake holders as requested
- Participate in standardisation and verification/moderation as required
- Be responsible for the accuracy of registrations for the apprenticeship and liaise with apprenticeship delivery team, other team members and awarding bodies as appropriate.
- Ensure good apprentice behaviour, attendance, punctuality and positive attitude in all apprenticeship situations and report as necessary to management team.
- Assist and advise apprentices and employers on matters relating to career progression, relevant apprenticeships and qualifications.
- Liaise with external organisations including employers to ensure that the curriculum is fit for purpose, current and meets external requirements.
The ideal candidate will be personable, able to relate easily to employers and young adults and work effectively one to one as well as in group sessions. Candidates must also be able to demonstrate the ability to work with learners at a functional level of ICT.
- Teaching, support or assessing qualifications (or willingness to work toward)
- English and Maths qualification at GCSE equivalent Grade 4 or higher
For a full job description and person specification please click here.
All work in the College involves some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the role. A DBS check is a requirement for this role.