Richard is the Chair of the Corporation, and also a part of the Finance, Remuneration and Search Committees. Richard retired as Chief Executive of Angus Council in Scotland in 2017.
Prior to Angus he enjoyed a long career in English local government, mainly in education and children’s services departments holding senior posts with North Lincolnshire, Leeds and Dudley councils.
He now works part-time as a public sector consultant, is Chair of the Board of a local authority-owned company and a non-executive director at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust.
Born and raised near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, Richard and his wife now live near Selby. He has two grown-up sons and two grandchildren. Away from work, his interests include local club cricket, Ipswich Town FC, being outside and motorcycles. He is a four-month War Graves Commission volunteer.
Committee Membership and Link Governor Responsibilities
- Member - Strategic Working Group
Declarations of Interest
- Chief Executive - Angus Council (Retired)
- Member - Scottish Local Government Digital Transformational Board
- Chair - Tayside Local Resilience Partnership
- Association of Director - Children’s Services
- Director - Connexions Humber Ltd.
- Director - Engage North Lincolnshire Ltd.
- Non Executive Director - Harrogate District NHS Foundation Trust
- Director - NCER CIC
- Associate - LGIV
- Director - Richard Stiff Consulting Ltd
- Member -SOLACE
- Fellow - RSA
- Trustee TCV
- Society of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Member - Fellow Royal Society of Arts
- Local Government Information Unit - Associate