Richard is the Chair of the Corporation, and also a part of the Finance, Remuneration and Search Committees. Richard Stiff retired as Chief Executive of Angus Council in Scotland in 2017. Prior to Angus he enjoyed a long career in English local government mainly in education and children’s services departments holding senior posts with North Lincolnshire, Leeds and Dudley councils. He now works part time as a public sector consultant, is Chair of the Board of a local authority owned company, a non-executive director at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust and is a trustee of the conservation charity TCV.
Born and raised near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, Richard and his wife now live near Selby. He has two grown up sons and two grandchildren. Away from work his interests include local club cricket, Ipswich Town FC, being outside and motorcycle.
Committee Membership and Link Governor Responsibilities
- Member - Strategic Working Group
Declarations of Interest
- Chief Executive - Angus Council (Retired)
- Member - Scottish Local Government Digital Transformational Board
- Chair - Tayside Local Resilience Partnership
- Association of Director - Children’s Services
- Director - Connexions Humber Ltd.
- Director - Engage North Lincolnshire Ltd.
- Non Executive Director - Harrogate District NHS Foundation Trust
- Director - NCER CIC
- Associate - LGIV
- Director - Richard Stiff Consulting Ltd
- Member -SOLACE
- Fellow - RSA
- Trustee TCV
- Society of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Member - Fellow Royal Society of Arts
- Local Government Information Unit - Associate