Joe Leigh is an Independent Governor and is a qualified accountant (FCPFA, FCCA), after carrying out his studies at Durham Technical College. Joe has served as both an examiner and on CIPFA’s Regulatory Panel.
Joe has over 20 years’ experience as an in various Chief Executive and Director roles within in the NHS and Local Government and has worked across the UK throughout his career, including Durham, Northumberland, Newcastle, London, Scotland and Lancashire.
He has also held a number of Non-executive directorships: in social housing, health and grant making, including a national charity for severely disabled children. These include the Two Ridings Community Foundation, (North and East Yorkshire), Bolton Clinical Commissioning Group, Wythenshawe Housing Group and the Family Fund, (a York based national charity).
Committee Membership and Link Governor Responsibilities
- Member - Finance Committee
- Chair of the Finance Committee
Declarations of Interest
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- English Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Chief Executive - NHS
- Deputy Chief Executive - NHS
- Finance Director - NHS